Friday, May 29, 2009

50 Bucks - Change a Life with a Wheelchair


All my life I've been blessed with good health. I've broken some bones and had some stitches and caught the normal colds and viruses that are part of life but I've always come back to good health. I get to be very active. I play golf. I ski. I hike. I used to run before my knees said that's enough and now I spend a lot of time on a bicycle. I cannot imagine not being able to do those things. I think that's why a conversation I had with a man I met at church the other day is still on my mind. He is connected to an organization called Free Wheelchair Mission. They are providing wheelchairs to people all over the world - for 50 bucks. Think about it. He's on a mission. 1,000 wheelchairs from 1,000 churches. 1,000,000 wheelchairs. A simple and durable design that could have an incredible impact on a life. Check it out.

No comments: